During the 19th century there were several pot kilns on the east side of Coleshill Green and Mount House was built when one of these kilns ceased production in about 1871, The house was orginally called Ivy Cottage and was built on the land in front of the disused kiln.

Frederick Hatch the chair manufacturer lived at Ivy Cottage  from about 1910 until 1930 when it was purchased as a parsonage for the Curate in charge of All Saints Church. Alterations were supervised by the architects, Kemp & How. and the bulk of the £1,200 purchase money was provided by Thomas Forbes of Rushymead. This house was then known as the Parsonage until its sale in 1979 when there was no longer a need for a resident curate.