On the east side of the common, Wheatsheaf Cottage was built by Henry Turner, a retired baker, about 1870, on land originally given to Edmund Ivory. Allen Moore Sears built the Post Office next door about 1890.  Henry Muckley who had established his own business as builder, decorator, carpenter and undertaker. was living here in 1911 when the house was known as View Mount. He had workshops here as well as a cherry orchard and vegetable garden.

See also the Wheatsheaf Cottage article under Memories of Coleshill.